Monday, March 24, 2008

Transgender Man is PREGGERS!

This is awesome in SOOO many ways, ah can't even begin to count them:

link is here

Boing Boing - A directory of wonderful things
Transgender man is pregnant
Posted by Mark Frauenfelder, March 24, 2008 1:01 PM

Thomas Beattie lives in Oregon and is married to a woman named Nancy. He's pregnant.

To our neighbors, my wife, Nancy, and I don’t appear in the least unusual. To those in the quiet Oregon community where we live, we are viewed just as we are -- a happy couple deeply in love. Our desire to work hard, buy our first home, and start a family was nothing out of the ordinary. That is, until we decided that I would carry our child.

I am transgender, legally male, and legally married to Nancy. Unlike those in same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, or civil unions, Nancy and I are afforded the more than 1,100 federal rights of marriage. Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights. Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire.

2 comments:

videorose said...

wow. i have so many questions about all of this! and, am i wrong, or is it a little hot? i think i might be wrong.

Anonymous said...

wow! very interesting. found this too http://tinyurl.com/2mqnca