Friday, March 14, 2008

Hey!

Hey, with my introductory post, I thought I'd post about something that's related to Japan and crafts, two things that are relevant to my interests.


http://www.kintyaku.com/ is a website that has information about making things out of the silk from old ties. The site is in Japanese and English, as is the book (I have a copy if anybody's interested). Check out the dress made of ties!



Youko was a student of mine and I helped her sort out some of the English for the book. I got a little silk-tie bag and a copy of the book in return!


I recently made an ipod holder using an old sock and some sew-on snaps. Do you guys do any recycling in your crafts-related projects?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome Kelly!

videorose said...

oh god crafting yes. i have 1000000 projects going on all the time, thou the project of moving from one non-state to a real-state is taking up lots of my time, lately! im working on a secret knitted project, along with making a currently empty apartment filled with my stuff, which will look lovely for sure.