Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bag it!


Today I helped save the world. Did you? I bought a cloth bag ($1.99) at Ellwood Thompson's, and the little tag on it tells me "14 PLASTIC BAGS contain enough petroleum to drive a car a mile... 380 BILLION PLASTIC BAGS or wraps are thrown away in America each year...Making ONE PAPER BAG emits 70% more global warming gases than making a plastic bag....0 PAPER BAGS biodegrade in landfills due to a lack of oxygen; cities spend 17 CENTS PER BAG in disposal costs, wasting millions of tax dollars." So the only answer is to carry reusable cloth bags with you whenever you go into ANY store! They aestheticly far more pleasing, colorful, and versatile. What are you waiting for? Help me Save the World! (Now if someone could just invent something or reprogram my brain so I don't leave my lovely bags in the car when I go shopping!)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I have several bags that I keep in the trunk of my car to take into any store.

The best option though is to buy less.